UPDATE:We have decided to cancel the salt collective adventure and will reschedule later in the year.
Pickles? Olives? Kimchi? Kraut? Sourdough? Table salt?
Whatever you use your salt for, you are invited to join the Daylesford Culture Club community fermenters on our salt collecting adventure on Saturday May 5.
Here's the plan
- 8.00am board bus at the Daylesford Bridport St bus stop.
- Drive to the Pink Lake, Dimboola Vic, stopping along the way for a toilet break.
- Arrive approx. 11.30am
- Collect salt and enjoy shared picnic lunch at the lake or at the Dimboola Nature Conservation Reserve.
- 2.00pm board bus and drive from Pink Lake to Daylesford, stopping for a toilet break on the way back.
- Arrive back in Daylesford approx. 5.30pm
Tickets are $30 and are limited to 57.
Book your seat on the bus here.
What to bring?
- Your own containers to collect salt, with lids that seal shut. Please label all containers.
- A shovel or trowel.
- Sun hats + sunnies as the lake is bright and harsh on a hot day.
- A dish to share for lunch.
- A picnic blanket, plate, cutlery and filled water bottle.
HRN acknowledge the Barengi Gadjin Land Council as the traditional custodians of the country we will be gathering salt on. HRN promises to treat the sacred land with our deepest respect.